Saturday, 14 June 2008

hexagons!

Dear Cassie,

Since you last posted about that lovely hexagon quilt, I decided to dig into my deep past and reveal some hexagonal madness that I had a few years back. I am little worried if you will ever talk to me again after you see this, but believe me, I am cured now and this is the only, the only, dark secret from my quilting past. Nothing before or since has ever been as bad as this, except maybe knitting the twined sweaters, but that is not a secret, it has been out in the open for many years now.

It all started out very innocently. I received a bunch of paper cuts as a gift from a friend and I set myself into making a doll quilt out of them. I had never liked the grandmother’s flower garden a lot before and it came as a surprise how much I enjoyed the slow-sewing process and how I really liked the outcome.
Then I received another set of paper cuts from the same friend, a little bit smaller yet than the first ones and there was plenty. Without any particular project in mind I started to cut small scraps into hexagons and made a few…
And then a few more…
And then some more…
And then I had this.
But you need not to worry, I don’t do these any more.

Love,

Lene

(PS. I did figure out a way to use some of them!)

7 comments:

pacalaga said...

OMG, that is a bucket of hexagons! Holy cow!

beadlizard said...

I made a bucket of hexagons when I was in middle school. I got bogged down stitching them together and I think my grandmother whisked them away and got me to focus on a less frustrating project.

Do yours have paper inside? Mine had the opening turned to the inside and thus could be assembled without a backing, more like little flat balloons. --Syl

JoVE said...

I'm so glad I clicked through. That barrel shaped bag of the blue hexagons is rather nice. As is the other one. What a great use of your bucket of hexagons.

Leila said...

Wow! That is a scary lot of hexagons! I think you made good use of some with the bags though.

Fiesta said...

I make little flowers and use them as my labels.
I also made a mini hexagon wall hanging from these. stay tuned with my blog and it will appear every once in a while.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh my gosh! Bucket-o-hexagons! What a great thing to market. I can't believe how many of them there.

Cathy said...

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!