Thursday, 26 June 2008

Piney

Dear Cassie,

This will be a short one, but I just had to pop here to show you this…
I thought that I would knit something while thinking of further quilts and quilting patterns and the border for the Yellow Flowers. Yes, the border is giving me a lot to think about and since I really don’t have a solution right now, I had to find something else to keep me busy. I am really not a kind who can sit with idle hands.

I tried a couple of sock patterns but found no luck nor love there.
Family Ties (ISBN 1-55853-134-3) has been by my bed side ever since you gave it to me. I really love the title: Family Ties “Old Quilt Patterns from New Cloth” – that sounds so simple. The whole book feels that way, the patterns are beautiful and quiet and there is nothing flashy in them. The first time I looked through the book, I stopped at Piney (Peony) and it has happened every time I open the book.
So this is the humble beginning of many happy hours to come.
Love,

Lene

9 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Its very pretty. I love the colors and fabric. I'm not able to sit with idle hands either. I have a hard time even going to a movie!

pacalaga said...

You two are KILLING me with the beautiful applique.

Stephanie said...

That's going to be beautiful. I love the design.

Carmen said...

I love your stitching! And the flower si so beautiful!

tami said...

You do beautiful work.

JoVE said...

What a wonderful thing to do to take a break and ponder your border. You two are seriously tempting me to get that box of cottons (that my daughter has been raiding for doll clothes) out and do something...

Judy said...

Very beautiful quilt! Just wonderful.

beadlizard said...

Your fabric choices are excellent! Cassie sent me a photo of a pomegranate quilt with wavy stems like your piney -- tempting...

elizabeth said...

Beautiful! I love it when a design draws you to it, over and over, it's destined to be!