Tuesday, 3 March 2009

It is Green.

Hi!

I hope all is well and that you are not buried under the snow...

So my December was red. Jean K sent me a question wondering what color is my February.

Most of February went by and I never got around to quilting but the question kept coming back to me. I knit through almost all of February but during the last few days I started to think of life beyond knitting. Finally I decided to quilt for a tiny bit, or sew something at least. I did not have anything special on my mind and went to look for fabrics. I had a firm belief that my inspiration resides in the fabric stash and that I just had to uncover it from there. I was also sure that blue was the color I was after. Light, cold, pure and fresh blue, like the sky up here during these cold and sunny days.

Little did I know that my inner clock was already full ahead for spring. After some poking around I had collected a bundle of greens and picked a block with a bird and dandelions from a Japanese book called Woolwork (ISBN4-579-10989-9).
I was all set to make one single block and sew it into a pillow but then... ah, the joy! The tiny needle took me by the hand and so far I am making my third block. (The embroidery will be added later on.)
Love,

Lene

7 comments:

Beth said...

We had a huge snowstorm here in Maine yesterday, but I too, am thinking spring! Only 17 more days, on the calendar at least. Lovely applique.

Carolyn said...

rustic and lovely. :)

Marie N. said...

Your little birds are so dear. I can't wait to see the finished quilt photos!

sarah said...

I was so pleased to see a new post in the RSS feed! I don't quilt, but I love your sense of colour and design. Knitwear and quilting, they're both inspirationally beautiful.

beadlizard said...

Charming blocks. I especially like the balance of each square -- it's so hard to group objects so they enhance each other. Excellent!

It's spring in Silicon Valley, ripe lemons and oranges, flowering plums, pears, peaches and crab apples, daylilies, tulips, and daffodils. The robins are here on their way north.

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see your new post! I'm a knitter, but only rarely quilt, so I understand how that is, but I still love to see your quilting. Thanks!
-Jean K.

Jen said...

Clapping and jumping up and down to see a new post here! The new quilt blocks are gorgeous. I love your little birds. They always make me think of Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds."