Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Spring!

Dear Lene,

It's been far, far too long. I'm enjoying spring here ... the weather has been (mostly) beautiful, occasional rain storms but those just seem to make everything more green by the day.



So, I've been thinking of a sort of challenge for us. Not a competition at all, just a little something to inspire us. With all the green around (I hope your spring weather is not too far behind ours!), maybe we could make something, each of us, with green as the theme.



It could be anything, really. Pieced, appliqu├ęd, embroidered - whatever you want. And of course, whatever your interpretation of "green" is. There are so many ...


Also, because spring is so fleeting, it doesn't have to be anything big. A pincushion, a pillow cover, or anything at all.


I've been looking at my green fabrics a bit - these look so dull compared to the colours in nature! - but I'm not quite certain yet what my final choices will be.

Hoping you accept this little challenge for a happy spring project,

Cassie

3 comments:

Erin in MI said...

Oh my gosh, you're back! I've missed you guys so much. Yes, I'm a lurker to your blog and I enjoy it immensely! I do hope you'll stick around for a while and get us all up to date :)

Anonymous said...

Such an interesting sight. Please continue to share.

Anonymous said...

Interesting sight. Please continue to share.